Thursday, June 30, 2011

Scary things..

So yesterday I had my routine doctors apt to check on me and the baby. When I got there everything went as normal until my nurse came in and told me I have an incompetent cervix. That basically means that my cervix is short and weak and I am more likely to have a 2nd or 3rd term miscarriage or have a very preterm baby. Its when your cervix opens because of the weight of the baby.

Let me just tell you this already has been pretty hard on me. I have read stuff online, and let me just say, there is nothing good that came out of that. It scared me to read everything. My motherly instincts are already kicking into gear because I want to protect Brody from everything I can, but this isnt something I can prevent. I am just hoping that everything works out ok for me and I can carry my baby at least into the 8th month...

My doctor checked my cervix yesterday, and as of now, it isnt open at all. Everyone that reads this please just keep me and Brody in your thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment